You spent the last nine months waiting for, and dreaming about, sweet baby snuggles and tender bonding time, and now your incredible miracle is here. The first few weeks of motherhood are warm and fuzzy, filled with soft baby cuddles and precious moments galore. You’re still recovering from the hardest physical task you will likely ever endure (labor), and couple that with middle of the night feedings, and you probably ache in places you never knew were possible. I’ve outlined below some fantastic stretches designed to help combat some of the post common postpartum aches that women face. Once you get the okay from your doctor or midwife, give these a try!
- Bird Dog –This stretch will help to strengthen and lengthen your lower back.
- Locust with Shoulder Bind – This helps release the tension in your upper back.
- Figure 4 – This will release tension in your lower back, stretch your glutes and open up your hips
- Flank – This will help open up your hips and release tension.
- Butterfly – This will help open up your hips and relieve tiredness (!)
The new Annee Matthews Seamless Sports Maternity and Nursing Yoga Bra by Figure 8 Maternity was the perfect outfit for completing this postpartum stretching circuit. Wearing a great fitting sports bra while stretching helps bring focus to your posture and form. This is an extremely versatile bra that can be worn during pregnancy, postpartum, and beyond! It has discreet front nursing clips, and a full fold-down cups, so that pausing to nurse your babe is never a hassle. Its buttery softness and seamless design makes it a bra that I will reach for all day, every day, not just for sweat sessions. The keyhole back is a super cute design element that is also functional, keeping me cool during my practice. Its wide straps and thoughtful design make it truly the most comfortable nursing sports bra I’ve ever owned!